Friday, October 10, 2008

PLOT TWIST!!!...sigh...

Well it seems fate has much more in store for me than a normal exchange (well, as normal as an exchange in a different country can get)...Some changes have taken place actually about a week ago, but I didn't want to post until I knew what was going to happen to me for the next month or so. But anyway, getting on to the post...

In essence, I've had to switch families. It's not because of anything that had to do with me, there was just an unrelated incident that happened, and it was better for me to have left for a while (hopefully temporarily) to make things easier. As to what the incident was, that's something that is to be kept private. It had nothing to do with bad relations between me and the Kellys though, so don't worry about that. But as for what has happened since this occurred, it's a small story.

I first started out going to the house of Jenni Taylor, the support coordinator. I wasn't going to stay there for a long time, sicne there were some things that they had to do involving going to the south island, and even though I'm on school holiday, they would've gotten back on the day before school started again, and there's a meeting on Sunday as well. Basically, after a while, I had to switch again. Now I'm writing this post from the house of the Gibson family, which is the third family I've been staying with, though I'll be leaving them soon as well to go back to the Taylors' house. As for when I am going to get back to the Kellys, I don't know. If I return at all, it won't be for a while, at least I won't be returning for very long. If there's a time that the family that I'm with is going somewhere that I can't go as well, and if it's on the weekend, then I might be heading to the Kellys' for the weekend. I know it won't happen next weekend, because of a ski trip that will be going on, but it might happen some time afterward. This situation actually kind of reminds me of my situation at home, with divorced parents and all, just a bit different...heh.

It seems that within this upcoming fourth term of the school year, things will be pretty hectic, and not just because of studying for exams... My family situation is unclear, but I'll have to endure it whatever happens. Personally, I hope things end up good for the Kellys, because I'd quite like to be back with them. They're a really good family, and it'll be hard to keep adjusting to different families after having been with them for over a month. They were the people who helped me get used to life here in New Zealand, and I haven't gotten to do a whole lot of stuff with them because of things going on with work, school and such, and I was hoping to do things with them over the Christmas holiday and such. Of course, if fate has different plans, then so be it. I just hope I can come back to them someday before this exchange is over. And I don't mean for a few days only then leaving again, I mean I'm hoping I can come back and live with them again. Permanently.

5 comments:

Will Nichols said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Will Nichols said...

Dude, im sorry it sounds like you really enjoy those people. Man just try to focus on what happens next. In the immortal words of Dom from Gears of war after detonating a nuclear device and killing half a race of creatures and then saving his buddy from falling to his death via train to helicoper jump "So what are doin' tomarrow?"
Basically cheer up and get on steam, enjoy yourself man.
(sorry Speelin errer in teh lest oneh, hav to fex it)

Andy Scherch said...

As for what I'm doing tomorrow, I'm going to school. As for Steam, that is now quite impossible, since I could only access Steam from the Kelly's place. But you're right, I did enjoy the Kelly family.

Anonymous said...

Hey there you, sounds like you are learning cool stuff... Sorry you keep ending up moving hope that is worked out soon.... Keep having fun and just chill a little...xoxo

Will Nichols said...

Watch this video for a pick me up _CLICK ME_ Lol Enjoy