Sunday, September 14, 2008

The College Calamity

Well, many of you have been asking how school has been for me, and I guess I'm finally obliged to talk about it, since I've been in for about 2 weeks! So, where to start...


School here is extremely different from Allderdice back at home, and trust me that's a good thing =D. First, I walk to school, which starts at.....*drum roll*...8:40 AM!!! Take that Allderdice, who forces us to be there at 7:30! I usually start walking at 8:00 though even though it only takes me like 15 minutes to get there. The school day is also different. I only have 5 classes a day, which are all an hour long (with the exception of Wednesdays, which because of a teacher meeting the periods are slightly shortened), and I take 6 classes total, missing 1 class per day (or 2 on Wednesdays, because I have study hall for some reason). And now for my favorite parts, which I will use pictures to illustrate...

Yep, Fairfield College allows you to go OUTSIDE!!! Actually, it's quite required, since various classes are in different buildings. I've got 3 classes in the C block, and classes in F, B, and Y blocks. I get just about NO HOMEWORK WHATSOEVER!!! This is in the middle of the year, and I only have one project to do that the first part is due in 2 weeks! W00t! Another thing good is that we have 2 LUNCHES which are both 30 minutes, and we have them outside! The 2 lunches are for everyone, so I can eat part of my lunch in the morning and part right before my last class, solving my constant hunger problem at Allderdice =D.
So, seeing all this, you're probably wondering, "Why did Andy title this 'The College Calamity'?" Well, coming in in the middle of the year, actually close to the end of term 3, means that I don't know a whole lot if any of what they learned. And there are currently exams going on, which I have taken just about all of. This is where the calamity comes in. I'm sure I epically failed the physics exam, and I didn't do too well on most of the others, except for maybe Spanish and English. And, if I don't take the final forms of these exams, I might have to repeat the 11th grade... the biggest calamity of all. But the year is young, so I can still have time to figure out stuff!
Other than that, Fairfield College is awesome! And...that's all I have to say about that. Thanks for reading!

7 comments:

Bogdaddy said...

Don't worry about tests you couldn't have studied for in the first place. I am glad that you are enjoying the school layout but don't mistake no homework for no studying!! It was great to see and talk to you today. Keep it up and send me email about that south island possibility.
Dad

Anonymous said...

Loved the call, Andy; thanks. Glad to hear about school -- it's fun to know more details about your experiences down under :-). Must be challenging to enter school at this point, but sounds like you've got a plan. What a great idea to start a bit later and have two meal breaks. Enjoy!
Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey there andy; you don't know how much i miss you; i read your blog every day even when i have already read it i just wish i could hear your voice; and not on the video you took... Just try to e-mail me if you can. i miss you have some fun enjoy school...

Will Nichols said...

Nooooooo!!! ...
...
...
They Blocked Objection...
...
...
What will I do now?...
...
...
Oh Well, Have fun

Will Nichols said...

Must...
Not...
Make...
Down...Under...
Joke...
Gaah So Hard!!!
Anyway I couldnt think of a better thing to do over my english class so im posting to your blog. This is so much better hten that work nonsense that crazy lady in the front of the room is talking about. By the way... Can I has a phone calls please... your cell isnt giving a dialtone anymore. Is it disconnected? Oh hold on My Laptop is being reposessed I guess we're not suposed to blog in class later.

Anonymous said...

What you're doing is very cool! We spent 2 weeks there and loved it. Hopefully you'll have enough time to explore the country. You'll probably make a lifelong friend or two.The girls are jealous.

Enjoy yourself, mate!

Will Nichols said...

So, enjoying yourself in Middle Earth?